Macrobiotic Diet considers better & healthy food choices instead of old food cravings. Listing healthier substitutions, try these favorite dishes we teach in our macrobiotic cooking classes.
Once familiar with these ingredients & dishes, you quickly overcome old cravings & eating habits.
When craving Oily Foods:
Fried Tofu, Tempeh, Sauteed Vegetables, Fried Rice, Fried Noodles
Bean Soups, Tempeh, Tofu, Dried Tofu, Seitan, Miso Soup, White Meat Fish
Instead of Flour Products:
Pickles, Pressed Salad, Sea Vegetables, Condiment, Fu, Seitan
Instead of Dairy Foods:
Amasake, Fried Tempeh, Tofu, Scrambled Tofu, Tofu Dressings, Tofu Cheese Spread, Hiziki with Vegetables and Fried Tempeh, Stir-Fry Vegetables, Seeds, Nuts, Tempura, Almond Butter, Tahini, Scallion-Miso Condiment
Instead of Meat/Chicken:
- Tempeh with Scallions, Deep-fried, as a fried patty, Rueben Sandwich
- Grain Patty or Veggie Burger, especially rice cooked w/ beans
- Seitan & Stir Fry Veggies: Kinpira, Nishimi, Deep-fry, with Pasta and Tomato Sauce.
- Tofu: pan-fried, stir-fry, baked
- Fish: poached with ginger, scallions, served with grated daikon and Vegetables
Healthy Sweets without Added Sugar:
- Sweet corn, peas, carrots, nishimi vegetable dish, Carrot Soup
- Onion Butter, Carrot Butter, Millet Square with nuts, Couscous cake, Carrot Cake
- Rice Pudding, Azuki Chestnut Raisin Puree, Amasake Pudding, Stewed Fruit, Chestnut Puree, Apple Compote, Seasonal Fruit Pies