Blanched Salad with Waldorf Salad
Benefits: quick cooking style and energy pick-up1 Enjoy each day! Great healthy snack! Your new healthy crunch!!
- 1/2 cup carrot matchstick
- 1 cup thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup yellow crookneck, half-moon cut
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup leek, sliced thin
- 2 red radish, matchstick
- Parsley, chopped fine
- pot of water, add Si Salt after water boils
- Half-way fill wide pot with spring or filtered water; cover, bring to boil then add speck of Si salt sea salt
- Starting with the sweetest or mildest veggie,continue down the listed veggies, placing each veggie one at a time in uncovered boiling water just til the color brightens – 20 seconds.
- Use a fine mesh skimmer to remove veggies, spreading them over a flat surface to cool. Serve plain, with few drops brown rice vinegar, ume vinegar, lemon or orange squeeze or your favorite dressing.
Atlanta Macrobiotics http://www.atlantamacrobiotics.com/